It's in a past tense because they indeed were over like nine days ago. But I don't think I want to talk about it again, though; what's passed is passed. Seriously, those examinations almost drove me literally crazy, but I'm still grateful God still saved me from the worst thing I could ever think of doing. Gonna let y'all guess what.
So, going to the beach was probably in favor of unleashing the stress. Sadranan Beach, which is located in Tepus, Gunung Kidul, DIY, was chosen out of so many beautiful white-sandy beaches that lay in one coastline. It took us about 2 hours from our school in Kotabaru to reach this beach on a motorcycle ride (my butt hurt as f*ck) but the view along the ride was worth the hurting butts, though. This beach has a rather long shoreline than the other one beside it, which is called Slili Beach. To me, the overall scenery looks just like any other white-sandy beaches in Jogja (even Siung Beach is way more beautiful, IMO), but what makes it quite appealing to me is that we can go snorkeling there, and that was my first time going snorkeling!!!!!!!!!
The waves are quite supportive I guess, it's got calm waves here and there and the sea depth along the shoreline is not really scary for those who aren't keen on swimming and only rely on the rented life jackets. Sometimes, I couldn't even feel the waves at all, but there are some spots where you cannot swim smoothly as in a swimming pool because there is always a current, in random spots. I am really glad that I am blessed with the ability to swim because it is easier to explore the coral reefs without wearing life jackets; they seem to only make people float, not swim, sadly. That's why, in order to be able to explore underwater by snorkeling, some people should wear life jackets to stay afloat.
Oh, and what made me happier was my sister's snorkel mask! Good thing about having lived near the beach once is that Dad bought snorkel masks for each of my siblings (because I was barely two years old at the moment, sigh) and there is still one in the house now. With its tempered glass, it gave me a clear view of what the underwater provides; what a truly breathtaking scenery!!!!!!! Since it was my first time ever, everything looked beyond beautiful to me. I got to touch some of the corals and what looked like sea anemones (I don't know what it's called, I guess I'm just gonna generalize all of them lol pardon) and colorful fishes kept passing by. They were, and ARE beautiful. Unfortunately, I didn't have an underwater camera, so I didn't get to capture the beauty underneath.
The only thing to prove all my sayings is pack your bags and go prove it yourself by heading to the beach and snorkel mask on!
I just realized there were so many bloody scratches and small scars on my feet after I got out of the water. It didn't really hurt while in the saltwater, but it hurts like hell afterwards. But it's ok though, it was because the sea depth near the shore is quite shallow and the surfaces of the coral reefs are pretty sharp, and it's normal; the view underneath was worth the pain. (drum rolls, everyone)
(Oh, and p.s. Going-to-a-faraway-beach 101: if you keep whining about how your whole body aches and your butt hurts after the long ride but only take trillions of selfies and do nothing else, and still whine about it AFTERWARDS, congratulations, you've just wasted your time. So not worth the hurting butt at all.)






No comments:
Post a Comment