It is already January 2nd where I am sitting right now. 2014 was only twenty-something hours ago. And it is raining so hard outside my window.
2014 had been something. It was the year where so many transformations, I can say, had occurred to me. I turned 17 in 2014, and many other life-changing things that I think were quite a lot to happen in only one year, twelve months, 52 weeks, 365 days. And I don't think I started 2014 looking exactly like this, feeling like this, and being the person that I am right now. Not that I was alienated that I have transformed into a slimy, green creature that doesn't even speak human, no. I'm still being my true self, like, literally the Dilla that everyone has known for a long time; that 'me' that has lived in me for a long time. It's just, my mindset had kind of gone through quite a lot of changes. And as far as I am concerned about what's on my mind, it has changed not only to a different one, but hopefully to a better one also.
Besides all the changes and transformations and stuff, 2014 was definitely lessons learned. Those experiences in 2014 had taught me so many things, from the smallest ones like, taking my pocket money weekly so I could save up more than from usual daily one, to bigger ones like, I should have not been with the ones who put me under pressures all the time and just got closer with the ones whose presences comforted me or made me enjoy being myself. 2014 also taught me to sort my priorities out; what's worth my concern more, what to keep, and what to let go of. And as I got a year older, what happened in 2014 had opened my eyes, so that I was able to see what was going around me and that I should have cared more about my surroundings.
And I could proudly say that I had successfully gotten out of all the misconceptions that I had been living in all this time, in 2014.
Last night, I saw all the memories that I have made in 2014 burst into blinding, colorful sparkles that lightened up the dark, night sky. And the smoke they caused afterwards only shook me back to reality, that the book had finally come to an end; it was already page one of our newest book and I didn't even realize that.
I decided that 2014 will be my favorite black and white movie, and with that, I am ready to write on the new, blank pages of 2015.
Happy new year, everyone.

No comments:
Post a Comment