27 September 2020

the cross tattoo

I saw your milky, honey skin glisten under the dimmed, twinkling lights. Every detail of it suddenly spiked the interests in me, especially the tattoos. You might not have many of them, but they were all placed perfectly where they should be, the big ones and the small ones. But there was only one that caught my eyes; the small cross wrapped in tiny wires near the adonis belt on the left part of your body. Every time I went down on you, I always tried to hold the urge to spare my glance at that one ink for I would always waste my time adoring it and forgetting what I was actually about to do. That habit of mine annoyed you so much that sometimes you tried to cover it with your hand or even a band-aid for instant result. No matter how hard you tried to prevent me from looking at it, you'd fail anyway.

"What's so good about it? It's just an ordinary cross tattoo drawn in the wrong place. The more I see it when I look at myself in the mirror, the more annoying it becomes."

"Why is it wrong? You know, every time I see it before giving you my service, it reminds me of how I should serve God first before anyone else."

You let out a heavy sigh, rubbing your forehead with your left hand while stroking my hair gently with the other.

"That, is what's annoying about it."

I looked up and snickered, propping my chin right on the cross tattoo.

"Well, I was joking. It is basically one of your best tattoos and it's mesmerizing."

I traced the inked surface with my index finger and kissed it ever so slowly until I heard a soft hum coming from above. I lifted my head just to catch you staring back at me, eyes hooded and lips slightly parted. 

"Oh.. really?"

I kept my mouth shut. I decided to do something with it again and then stopped abruptly, lifting my head to get a glimpse of your reaction. I could feel the sheet around me being shifted a little bit and it was your hands, grasping it tightly. For support, perhaps?

"Yeah, it is."

My smile grew wider. I knew you were holding your breath, waiting for whatever it was to come from me next.

"And nonetheless, it is.. inviting."

No comments:

Post a Comment