01 October 2020

the watermelon lip gloss

"You see that?"

"Which one?"

"That cloud over there."

It was always cute to see you frown. It wasn't the frown, though, it was more about the way you automatically puckered your lips when you got to think hard about something. I kept my vision straight to the sky to avoid explicitly staring at them.

"I can see it now... I guess."

"It looks like you."

"Wa- how's that so?"

Your shy giggles sounded like a song to my ears. I finally turned my head to face you, who already propped yourself on the elbow, but still frowning. You were still confused as to why I thought that cloud resembled you.

"That fluffy part on the left side looks like your lips when you get all pouty because I gave a 'no' for your proposal to buy a new game console."

In all of a sudden, you bursted in laughter and even snorted at my words. I thought you already knew the reason behind my refusal was that I was afraid you'd rather spend more time on that thing than with me. Well, on top of me, to be precise. Not that I wouldn't want to ever switch position, though.

"Uhm... I suppose you just exaggerated shit because I don't think my lips looked that weird last night."

You spoke as you fixed your eyes on mine. Now I was faced with the brown orbs that gleamed with the sun at the golden hour, as well as the lips I have been thinking about. I remember that day, where I confessed that even though I adored every inch of your body, your sharp yet comforting brown eyes and those lips have always had a special place in my heart; especially the latter. Sometimes you thought they seemed peculiar for they weren't symmetrical, the lower one looked slightly bigger than the upper one and they looked too full for your liking. Not so manly, you said. To me, the combination was such a nice contrast to your fierce feature (that was what people said) that somehow showed how soft of a person you basically were, despite your sharp jawlines and high cheekbones. And they showed how pouty you could become when you didn't get what you want. I was envious of the natural rosy color and...

"You put on my lip gloss, didn't ya?"

"I thought you said to put it on so my lips won't get dry and chapped? It feels very moist and stuff but it's too greasy, no?"

You rubbed your lips together to prove how greasy it was. I facepalmed so hard I swore my hand had gone far through the back of my head.

"It's lip balm not lip gloss, you dumbass."

"Aren't they like, the same thing?"

"No, they aren't. Lip balms aren't this greasy and shiny."

I sighed, giving up and not wanting to carry on the lecture about differences between a lip balm and a lip gloss. From the corner of my eyes I saw you stop rubbing your lips together, now changing to licking them to get a taste of the product. I couldn't tell if you did that out of pure curiousity or on purpose. I suppose it was the latter since you didn't take your eyes off of me.

"It smells nice, tastes sweet yet bland at the same time. I still don't get how y'all girls can stand having something like this on your lips all day long."

"Oh, shut up. I wonder which flavor did you pick from my makeup pouch earlier?"

"It was.. the sheer, not-so red shade. Uhm.. watermelon?"

My mind wandered to the memories of how you always wanted to get a taste of whatever lip coat was on my lips at the moment, even when it ended up smearing all over your face.

"Can I taste it?"

You chuckled and gave a knowing look.

"You wear this all the time on your own, why would you want to taste it again now?"

The sky has turned darker orange with tinge of purple and blue. The wind gushed a little harder as the time passed by, making your hair fly in every direction possible but that didn't necessarily make the tension fly away, though.

I put my index finger on your lips, moving it up and down at a very slow pace. Your eyes followed the movement, your breath became quicker. I bit my own lip as I pressed my finger a little deeper on yours. I thought my fingertip has touched something way wetter from the inside.

I couldn't help it anymore.

"Who knows that it might taste different on you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment