"..seen you from afar, wondered who you are.."
Plain, dark skies enveloped today's supposedly beautiful dusk. Now that everything's gone off, it was only lit up by two candles sat upon the nightstand. It just felt too lonely to bear on my own.
I picked up my phone and dialed his number. It took quite long until he eventually picked up.
"Hello?"
"Hey. Where are you?"
"You know where I am."
"Can you, like, come here early today? I'm alone and the electricity went off, it's probably the heavy rainstorm."
A long silence.
"..wondered what you're like.."
And a sigh, a heavy one.
"I can't."
A sound of things clanking and sizzling echoed in the background. I knew where he was at the moment.
"You got overtime today?"
A hint of doubt appeared in his tone.
"...yeah? Kind of."
The sound wasn't followed by the shouts and yells it was supposed to be. Instead, it was something like a woman's laughter.
"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow."
"Okay. I'll let you know."
I thought I knew where he was. I was wrong.
A long silence, again. Seems like nobody wanted to hang up. I let the stinging pain from waiting for any of us to break the silence and overhearing someone's cheerful babbles in the background creeping from the tip of my toes up to my hips.
He broke it, finally.
"I'm sorry. Call you later."
I blinked my eyes a few times, trying to process everything.
"Huh.. alright. I love you, bye."
Now the stinging sensation moved to the ears and created a new one to the chest; a familiar throbbing sensation, an aching pain.
"No, please. No need to be sorry."
"..you're the one I'm calling on, and you're the one who's calling me to have it.."
He let out a sigh for the umpteenth time. It must've been hard to be him, right?
"Oh, and tell her I said hi. Bye."
He sounded like he was about to come up with another reason as to why he was doing what he was doing but with that, I hung up the call.
I took my pills right away without a second thought if I might have had taken too many for the day. It only took seconds for them to numb my whole system. The rainstorm outside was too soothing to wake me from my long slumber.
"..and now I'm dreaming, dreaming, dreaming, dreaming, dreaming of you.."
No comments:
Post a Comment